
Unrefined, uncouth, ungraceful and sneaky. Those are words I can use to describe my Spencer. He is sweet natured, but annoying. He was one of those jump on ya dogs. He liked to lick faces. When he stood on his back paws he'd reach your shoulders. He didn't take no for an answer. He'd come galloping up and jump at me and I would lift my leg and scream like a maniac. That didn't deter him, he'd run around the other side of me and try again. He wouldn't stop until I had paw prints all over me, and better for him if I happened to be wearing white. Ass.
One night,after taking my 90 year old Aunt Pearl out to dinner, she decided to wait in the car in my driveway while I ran upstairs to grab some coupons for her. She knew her limits and the 50 stairs to the front door were just silly in her opinion. Being a lovely spring evening she was content to wait with the window open. And here comes Spencer, barreling down the hill, barking as if to alert the guards. He goes right to poor Aunt Pearl's side of the car, jumps up, sticks his huge furry head thru the open window and goes to town on her cheek. Of course, she is trapped, at the mercy of this giant, smelly mutt who seems to be in love with her. He starts slobbering all over her cheek. I didn't realize Spencer had taken his relationship with Aunt Pearl to the next level. I came down stairs to see him still licking away on Aunt Pear's face and her making little noises of annoyance and saying "oh Honestly, Dog, I don't even KNOW you!!" I drag Spence away from his new found love and apologize to Aunt Pearl. She just kind of laughed and remarked at how big and strong he was. But as soon as she got home, she called me giggling because when she looked in the mirror she only had rouge on one cheek. Spence had licked off all her rouge! She said that was the most action she'd had in 20 years since Uncle Art had died!!! Spencer is a ladies man.
No comments:
Post a Comment